Tuesday, November 15, 2011

NFL Power Rankings : Week 11

Another week in the NFL down, another heartbreaking loss for the Eagles. The Eagles have blown a fourth quarter lead five times this year. I'm not going to waste my cyber breath talking about it, just listen to what this Birds fan has to say.

1. Packers (9-0) : Undefeated looks more and more likely with every passing week. They're just too good.
2. 49ers (8-1) : They took the Giants best shot, sans Frank Gore, and came away with the W. Enough talk about them not being for real. They are very good.
3. Saints (7-3) : Huge win over Atlanta makes me a believer this is the best team in the NFC South.
4. Patriots (6-3) : Bill Belichick after hanging 37 on the Jets: "Best defense in the league? Suck my dick." That says everything you need to know about the Pats. Awesome.
5. Ravens (6-3) : Every time I am ready to call the Ravens elite, they blow a game to a bad team. Their losses this year: Titans, Jaguars, Seahawks. Combined record of 11-16. Ouch.
6. Steelers (7-3) : Can't put them in front of Baltimore. But they got a big win over a tough Cincy team. Antonio Brown & Mike Wallace is becoming a scary-good duo.
7. Giants (6-3) : I feel like this is low for them. Is Eli the second best QB in the NFL this year? There can certainly be a case made for him. I can't believe I just typed that sentence.
8. Texans (7-3) : The Texans finish 8-8 every year, with Matt Leinart taking over they have a shot to do it again!
9. Bears (6-3) : Goodell should fine punters every time they kick to Hester. I'm still not buying the Bears, but looking at their schedule, 11 wins seems very possible.
10. Bengals (6-3) : They lost to the Steelers, but they hung tough and if AJ Green didn't get hurt after Mossing Ryan Clark, who knows what might have happened. I believe in the Red Rifle.
11. Cowboys (5-4) : That blowout loss to the Eagles seems like forever ago. Romo is on fire and DeMarco Murray looks like a borderline top 10 back.
12. Lions (6-3) : If Stafford is starting to get dinged up, the Lions could be in some trouble. Not an easy schedule the rest of the way, including two against GB.
13. Falcons (5-4) : Am I alone in thinking Mike Smith made the right call on 4th down? Way to have a nutsack, Mike. I respect you. So does Chip Kelly.
14. Jets (5-4) : Pretenders? I'm starting to lean that way. It's tough to count out a team that keeps making the AFC Championship, even if their quarterback sucks.
15. Raiders (5-4) : A weak division coupled with what looks like a dominant running game makes me think the Raiders are heading to the playoffs.
16. Titans (5-4) : There is nothing fun about this team. They're not fun to write about, fun to watch or fun to rank.
17. Broncos (4-5) : Tebow. Can they beat the Jets and keep pace in the AFC West? Tebow can walk on water and turn water to wine, so why not? Tebow Tebow Tebow, TEBOW!!!
18. Bills (5-4) : They're slipping. If they lose to the Dolphins this weekend, it's over. Sorry Buffalo, your city still sucks.
19. Chargers (4-5) : Is this the year where the second half surge just never happens? I'm beginning to think so. Regardless, it's awesome to see a QB cuss out his coach.
20. Buccaneers (4-5) : This is the first team that I think really sucks. The first 19 I could see possibly winning a playoff game. Everyone from 20 down should start the scouting process.
21. Seahawks (3-6) : They've beaten the Giants and Ravens and Marshawn Lynch looks rejuvenated. If this was the NFC West last year, they'd be in first place.
22. Cardinals (3-6) : John Skelton is 2-0 as a NFL starter. When he was drafted, I took under 2 snaps he'd ever see in the NFL. Another loss for me.
23. Eagles (3-6) : Claude Giroux is a top five player in hockey and Jagr is really embracing this playmaker role. I love this Flyers team.
24. Chiefs (4-5) : Tyler Palko is their starting QB, right? I'd rather have Shane Falco.
25. Jaguars (3-6) : I know this isn't a team loaded with weapons, but does anyone really watch their games and think Blaine Gabbert is the future?
26. Dolphins (2-7) : Matt Moore. I like him. If it's possible to be optimistic about a 2-7 team, I am optimistic about the Matt Moore/Reggie Bush led Dolphins.
27. Redskins (3-6) : Grossman and Beck both suck. You knew that already? I have nothing else to say.
28. Panthers (2-7) : Cam Newton coming back to earth? I'm not sure. I still like him, and the Panthers more than the next four sacks of shit on the list.
29. Vikings (2-7) : I was ready to give them a sizable bump up the rankings before they got defiled by the Packers.
30. Rams (2-7) : Enough whining about your injuries St Louis. It's the NFL. Babies.
31. Browns (3-6) : Man, Cleveland really sucks huh? Cleveland State beat Vandy the other day, so there's that.
32. Colts (0-10) : Curtis Painter or Dan Orlovsky? That's like asking if you'd rather be anally raped by Ving Rhames or Shaq.

8 comments:

Laych said...

As much as I hate to say it I think you are under rating the Bears. When they keep Jay Cutler upright they are very good.

Laych said...

On second thought I can't definitively say they are better than any of the teams you ranked ahead of them so I take it back.

Sop said...

Packers 16-0 or Colts 0-16?

Pat said...

The Steelers are better than the pats and the saints. the only reason you have them at a disgraceful 6 is because youre a birdies fan.

Pat said...

The Steeler are better than the Pats and the Saints. The only reason you have them at 6 is because you're a birdies fan....

Drew06 said...

I probably am underrating the Bears. I had them at 15 last week after they beat the Eagles, probably too low. And am probably too low on them now. But I can't trust Cutler. If they beat San Diego, I'm going to be forced to move them up even more.

Sop, I think one of the two will happen but I'm not ready to predict which one.

And Pat, me being an Eagles fan has nothing to do with it. If you bothered to read the entire rankings, you would see that I had the Eagles poorly ranked, which I think shows my lack of bias. The Steelers were an AJ Green injury away from potentially losing.

Byron said...

Hmmmm, how do you have the Giants at 7, when they beat the number 4 team (Pats) two week ago in Foxboro, and this week lost by 7 to your number 2 team (49ers) on the road again?

Drew06 said...

Byron, I think the Pack, Niners, Saints, Pats, Ravens and Steelers would all beat the Giants if they were to play tomorrow.